Saturday, March 25, 2006

Success! We arrived!


We arrived this afternoon around 3:15 after a fairly uneventful drive with two exceptions. Some where north of Valdosta we came to a dead stop. While we were sitting we realized there were no cars on the other side of the road. When we finally got through we saw the accident. It was being picked up but a Land Rover and a truck were both burned out hulks of steel.

In Gainesville an old man in a land yacht was honking at us while sitting at the front of the line in a right turn lane at a stop light. He whipped the yatch around me because I was clearly delaying him from his shuffleboard tournament. He damn near hit the pedestrians I was waiting for in the cross walk. Beyond that it was just 6 hours of flat.

We only had a few goals for the day after arrival:

- Get checked in and all our stuff delivered to the room.
- Get through customer service for Dan's pass.
- Go ride Stitch's Great Escape.
- Get to dinner at Chef Mickey's.

Mission accomplished.

We saw Dan blush for maybe the first time in his life. While we were at dinner he announced that the characters running around were "just people in costumes." Later at dinner Minnie Mouse came up to the table and pretended to lay a bunch of kisses on his check. Dan about melted and turned as red as a tomato. For the record, she kissed the old man first and I blushed too!

We were going to watch the fireworks tonight, as a family, from the balcony. I was enjoying a Cohiba before the festivities. Before the fireworks started Shari was asleep. Dan came out to watch but decided he was afraid of heights so he watched from inside the room through the sliding glass door. He got in bed before they ended and was asleep before I came back inside. I enjoyed them.

I think we're headed to the Magic Kingdom tomorrow. Dan has a list of rides he wants to hit. Of course they are all in opposite corners of the park. Promises to be a busy and fun day. I hope to have a post tomorrow plus some additional pictures.

Later.

No comments: