Well, we're on our way to Disney World. I had a 1/2 day at work, we gathered the family into the family truckster and headed south. Our target, Marion, IL; a humble city in southern Illinois.
The drive was relatively uneventful. There was still a fair amount of snow on the ground through central Illinois. These guys got the short end of the weather stick over the last few weeks. Several rounds of thunderstorms with tornados followed by a mid-March blizzard.
We got to Marion in good time and decided to stop for dinner at the Cracker Barrel. We were seated, ordered, and started to wait. Roughly 20 minutes later our waitress arrived with our meals, only my meal was only 1/2 there. The waitress informed us then that the rest of my meal wouldn't be ready for another 20 minutes. So not only did I get to wait for too long to get 1/2 my meal, I had to change my order so as not to be in the restaurant for longer than the drive to get there.
After our fine dining experience we drove across the street to the hotel (a Holiday Inn Express). Shari went into the hotel to check in. Roughly 10 minutes later she returned and tells me that there is nobody at the front desk! I went to get gas while she continued to wait. After returning from the gas station we finally made it up to the room, directly across the hall from the elevator. I guess it could have been next to the equipment room so I should shut-up.
I think I hear music in the background. Wait, it's coming clear.....
"The sun will come out, tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun." Given the price of gas, that bottom dollar may come sooner rather than later!
Signing off from the road. Your humble correspondent.
Oh, BTW, for those of you who are interested in these things (dad).
323.4 miles
18.6 gallons of gas
5 hours travel time
17.4 MPG; 64.7 MPH on average
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment