Friday, March 24, 2006

The Adventure Continues....

Friday March 24th dawned a cloudy and cool day in Marion, IL. We woke fresh and eager to get on our journey. Our goal for the day, 500 miles and a date with the Quality Inn, Macon, GA. We got off to an inauspicious beginning and ended up stopping the car every two hours or so. It was a long day across the board.

I'll share my day with the following Haiku-like prose.

City of Nashville
You rise from the hills of Tenn.
Where are the Suburbs?

Chattenooga bound.
Six percent downgrade ahead.
Try not to burn brakes.

Orange traffic cone.
Traffic crawling, tempers flare.
Workers on a break.

My Dear Atlanta,
Traffic sucks. I hate the Braves.
Jane is a Commie. (Alternate ending, Ted is a weenie)

Downtown or By-pass?
Car sick kid in the back seat.
How far to Macon?

The sign says merge left.
You race ahead in the lane.
I hope your tires blow.


Statistics:

512.6 miles
20.7 mpg (could have been a bad pump on one fill)
11 hours, 46.6 mph average

No comments: