
Well, this picture sums up the excitement for today. We spent the day at MGM Studios. The only reason to go to MGM according to Dan was to see the Power Rangers. Quite by accident we managed to arrive just before the first Power Rangers show so Dan got to see all 5 Rangers, Red SPD, Lunar Wolf, White Dino, Green Samurai, and Pink Mystic (if you have to ask, check out Wikipedia). As soon as we had the autographs Dan was ready to head back to the hotel. We managed to keep him interested by going to the new Xtreme car show attraction. After that we went to a few other attractions in the park before we ended the day at the Rock and Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith (yes, that Aerosmith). It is a wicked roller coaster featuring multiple inversions all inside an enclosed (and of course dark) building. When we came off the ride the first time Dan was murmuring to himself, "no more rides, no more rides." Before we hit the bottom of the ramp though he looked up at me and said in an excited voice "can we go again dad?"
So why title this post "Everything Old is New Again?" In the opening of the ride there's a mock recording studio with a video of the members of Aerosmith supposedly "behind the glass." The music being played was popular when I was in high school. Ahead of us in line (the first time I think) were a group of kids that hadn't even been born when the song was released dancing and acting like it was the best music they'd ever heard! I wanted to shake them and tell them to stop stealing my generation's music! I stopped however because I was afraid their baggy pants would probably fall down.
Well, tomorrow we're off to Animal Kingdom. Until then, "ROCK ON DUDE!"
No comments:
Post a Comment