Well, summer's over, almost. We held our Troop Summer Court of Honor yesterday at a local forest preserve. We had limited attendence but a nice day to be out in the park anyway.
Our last scouting event of the summer is a canoe trip next weekend. I'm looking forward to spending a couple of days on the river, even if it is the mighty dry Fox. If you're inclined to pray, we could use a little rain over the next few days so I don't have to drag my canoe 11 miles down the river.
Number one son goes back to school on Tuesday. Junior High School. Doesn't seem feasible but there it is.
Our fall scouting and school activities schedule kick into full gear right after Labor Day (only 3 weeks away FWIW). Standby for popcorn! I think I hear Christmas Carols already.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment