I am probably not the first nor will I be the last to blog somewhere about the one-year anniversary of the tornado at the Little Sioux Scout Camp (June 11, 2008).
It's probably hyperbole to compare the emotions I felt that day to the emotion I felt on 9/11. However, the fact that the tragedy left an emotional mark is true non-the-less. Last year, as this year, my troop is about 10 days away from leaving for summer camp. I wondered then, as I do now, how I'd have reacted, what I'd have done, would I have been prepared? I guess you can't know until you've been there but I think so.
I understand that the camp has been largely rebuilt and they held a grand reopening last month. There's more information at the tribute site.
Anyway, I wish us all good luck and fair weather as we head out for the summer camping season. And, when you say your prayers tonight, include the scouts and scouters from the Mid-America Council and Little Sioux.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment