Wednesday, September 21, 2005

An overhead conversation

Well, it's been many months since my last posting. I wanted to share a few things from my summer.

I had the opportunity to take my son to speech therapy a few weeks back. It was shortly after the bombings in London. We had an hour break between sessions so we went to McDonald's for some father-son bonding, and dinner. While there, two young ladies came along and sat at a table beside us. Their "conversation" went something like this:

Blonde1: Did you hear about London?
Blonde2: Yeah, are you going to the dance?
Blonde1: Yeah, did you see what she was wearing?
Blonde2: Yeah,.....

They talked for about 20 minutes on 20 topics, no one topic given any more thought than a single question. There wasn't a statement or response during the whole "conversation."

Am I getting old or is our society doomed?
Yeah, but did you see what your boss was wearing today?.......

No comments: